Impromptu game nights are a great way to get younger kids together for a couple hours and create memories to last a lifetime. Our recent game night, cost us less than $25 for 3 hours of fun… and that was just on food! We ordered 3 hot and ready pizzas for when the kids arrived and bought some ice cream for after the games.
I created the games from supplies at home and the kids loved them more than the store bought games. They had a blast and I’m already brainstorming ideas for games for next time!
Don’t be scared! Have the kids throw out an invite to some friends, and get ready for a house full of laughter!
Twerk it Out
What you Need:
- 2 Shoe boxes
- 2 Pieces of Ribbon
- 6 Ping pong balls
- 4-6 players
- Cut a rectangular hole in each box, big enough for the ping pong balls to fit in.
- Measure 2 ribbons long enough to fit around the waist of the players
- Poke a hole on each side of the box and thread ribbon through it.
- Divide players into 2 teams and line them up single file.
- Place 3 ping pong balls inside each box.
- Tie the boxes around the waist of the 1st players.
- Once music begins, player 1 will shake, dance, twerk and jump until each of the balls fall out of the box.
- Other players should gather the balls as they fall out so that when Player 1 gets them all out, the balls are placed in the box again, tied around the waist of Player 2, and shaken out.
- Repeat until all players have had a turn.
- The first team whose players all successfully shake out the balls, win!
What You Need:
- 1 Pair of Pantyhose
- 1 Tennis Ball or Baseball
- 6 Water Bottles
- At least 2
- Stuff the ball inside one of the legs of the pantyhose
- Place water bottles in a pyramid on the floor
- Place the pantyhose over the head of player one.
- Player 1 will swing the ball across the water bottles knocking over as many as they can.
- Each player gets 2 swings.
- The player to knock over the most water bottles in 2 swings wins.